VACATION RENTAL ORDINANCES, COVID RESTRICTIONS, AND HOW THEY AFFECT YOUR VISIT TO BIG BEAR
Please review the city requirements mandating face coverings and the vacation rental ordinances applying to use of vacation rental homes in Big Bear.
These ordinances impact your stay in Big Bear - if you have any questions, you may contact us at (909)585-1547 or refer to the City of Big Bear Lake's website and their COVID-19 UPDATES for additional details here.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION, PLEASE READ:
The use of face coverings is required by all persons in Big Bear Lake whenever such persons are within 6 feet of others who are not members of the same household, in both indoor and outdoor settings.
Exceptions apply for young children, the act of eating or drinking, personal services requiring access to the nose and mouth, bona fide medical conditions, situations involving hearing impaired individuals where it is necessary to view the mouth for communication, and situations where the face covering presents a safety concern associated with the individual’s work.
The order also requires all persons to carry a face covering with them at all times, and to implement the face covering when coming within 6 feet of others.
Under the new order, violators may be subject to a $500 City citation. Additionally, individuals who defy the mask order and refuse to leave a City business face arrest and stiffer State penalties.
If you plan to visit Big Bear the following Ordinances apply to vacation rentals in the City of Big Bear Lake:
- USE OF OUTDOOR SPA OR OTHER OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES PROHIBITED FROM 10PM - 7AM,
- A maximum of 2 adults allowed per bedroom, the balance of any occupancy beyond that must be made up of children under the age of 18 up to the full permitted occupancy allowed.
- No Parties, Gatherings, Events or Neighborhood Disturbances.
- No amplified music or other noise to be heard at the property line day or night.
- Allowed vehicles associated with the rental must be parked in the designated parking areas for the home and cannot be parked in the street. This rule applies 24/7.
City staff will be patrolling all vacation rental units to ensure compliance with the City Ordinances. Violators will be fined or evicted from the unit. If all or a portion of your group is directed to leave due to violations, there will be no refund.
NO STREET PARKING
NO PARTIES, GATHERINGS OR NEIGHBORHOOD DISTURBANCES
PLEASE BE AWARE AND RESPECTFUL WHEN INTERACTING IN THE COMMUNITY – WEAR MASKS AND PHYSICALLY DISTANCE
We hope you stay safe!
Big Bear Getaway Management Team