Cougar Crest Trail
The Cougar Crest Trail is a popular hike in the San Bernardino National Forest, near Big Bear Lake, California. It is located at an elevation of approximately 895 feet and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. Here are a few things hikers should know about the Cougar Crest Trail:
Here are a few things hikers should know about the Cougar Crest and Trailhead:
- The Cougar Crest Trail is a moderate to strenuous hike that is about 5.6 miles long. It is a good option for experienced hikers who are in good physical condition.
- The trail starts at the Cougar Crest Trailhead and follows the Pacific Crest Trail for a portion of the route. It then branches off onto the Grinnell Ridge Trail, which offers more challenging terrain and panoramic views.
- The trail can be very steep in places, with a number of switchbacks. Hikers should be prepared for a challenging climb and take their time as needed.
- The weather can change quickly at high elevations, so it is wise to come prepared with plenty of water, snacks, and any necessary gear. It is a smart idea to bring layers and be prepared for a variety of conditions.
- The area is home to a variety of wildlife, including bears, mountain lions, and rattlesnakes. Hikers should be aware of their surroundings and take appropriate precautions.
- It is always a smart idea to leave a trip plan with someone before heading out on the trails.
Cougar Crest Trailhead
Did you know that Big Bear is Southern California’s mecca for not just snowboarding and skiing, but mountain biking as well? With trails and mountain bike parks, there’s something for everyone – from beginner to expert. If you’re planning on visiting Big Bear, definitely add mountain biking to your list of things to do. And […]
If you’re a bird enthusiast, Big Bear is the perfect place for you to get your fix. With over 250 species of birds in the area, you’re sure to see plenty of feathered friends while you’re here. The best time to go bird-watching is during the spring and fall migration seasons. However, there are plenty […]
Located in Southern California, Big Bear Lake is a destination for all things hiking, fishing, snowboarding, and skiing. Visit the lake in all four seasons to enjoy the outdoors and stay active. Here are the best hiking trails for all skill levels. Big Bear Hiking Trails 1. Pine Knot Trail to Grand View Point On […]